Ten best things about being a mom
I wanted to do the “Ten Best Things about my Job” prompt from Mama Kat’s writing workshop.
But then I realized. I don’t have a job.
Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m a mom. Toughest job in the world. Toughest job you’ll ever love. Hardest working women in show business. Wait, that’s MC Hammer. Not that he’s a woman. He was the hardest working MAN in show business. U Can’t Touch This. Remember that song? Is it bad that I still heart it? Is it now in your head? Doo doo doo doo, doo, doo U CAN’T TOUCH THIS!
Just the other day my twin, Gigi from Kludgy Mom, wrote a somewhat controversial post on mediocre blogs that caused quite a little stir. And after the above paragraph? I’m not sure she wasn’t pointing her knowledgable figure directly at my Mommypants.
So I will list my 10 favorite things about being a mom. And then I want you all to post some of yours.
Because if you don’t? It’ll be HAMMERTIME, people! Don’t force me to post a video of me dancing. Cause I’ll do it and your retinas will NEVER be the same!
10. I have an excuse for my backfat and saggy boobs.
9. I REALLY appreciate alone time.
8. I always have someone, other than the dogs, who is happy to see me.
7. Early-morning snuggles with small bodies still warm with sleep.
6. When I see my kids be kind to another child I feel like maybe I’m doing some things a little bit okay.
5. Sometimes I say “yes” and my heart of stone actually melts a little.
4. Watching the pride on their faces when they conquer: a fear, a tough reading word, a soccer goal, the stairs, a foot race, using a spoon.
3. Getting warm, sticky hugs and hearing “I love you, Mommy.” Without giving them a new toy or ice cream first.
2. Doling out kisses on boo-boos and seeing that they do, in fact, make it all better.
1. Discovering that love and heartache and laughter and tears have no absolutely no limits and somedays I experience them all within a single moment.
Now it’s your turn!