Posts Tagged ‘things I’ve done’
Thursday, October 27th, 2011
The beautiful Tracy of Sellabitmum was mortified by the list for Mama Kat’s Writing Workshop I did last week of 22 things I’ve never done. This week, I’m writing 22 things I HAVE done, but I’m somehow I get the feeling I still won’t be cool enough. Story of my life.
1. Had Barry Bonds tell me I have nice legs.
2. Run two marathons.
3. Had two home births, one a surprise.
6. Swam with sting rays in the wild.
7. Tied a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree.
8. Been in an elevator with Tom Cruise.
9. Sang my lungs out at a Springsteen concert – more than a few times.
10. Stole my father’s cigarettes.
11. Stood many times on the field at Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field.
12. Sat on a hard wood pew at the funeral of a parent.
13. Had a broken heart.
14. Been kissed in kindergarten by a boy named Shaun Cassidy, but he wasn’t THE Shaun Cassidy.
15. Had champagne and beer poured over my head in a Major League clubhouse (stings your eyes like crazy, FYI).
16. Saw a high school kid drown.
17. Lost 30 pounds the summer I graduated college.
18. Drank beer in London, Bruges and Barcelona.
19. Owned a red dachshund named Stogie.
20. Moved five times – by myself – in seven years while pursuing my career.
21. Kept my mouth shut.
22. Fallen in love.